Deadline for applications is July 6, 2014.
A large portion of BIP’s work revolves around the web content that is provided by our contributors and writers. As such, a large portion of our staff’s time goes to editing, proofing and gathering information for the blog and podcast projects, and an assistant is required to keep our content high-quality as BIP grows. This position would occur on-line and is available to those located outside of Ottawa-Gatineau.
This position is not considered permanent. Expected end date is October 2014, with the possibility of extension if sufficient funding is available and there is need to extend this position.
The successful candidate will work under the following conditions:
- Being able to commit to an average of 5 hours/week of work
- Editing, proofing and/or researching based on the content supplied by BIP contributors and writers
- Must have access to word processing software and knowledge of how to use it to edit (commenting, revising, adding hyperlinks, etc.)
- Playing an active part in ensuring that 100% of BIP’s content is in line with BIP’s vision, mission and values
- Occasionally writing editorial pieces to inform the BIP public of major changes, if and when applicable
- Working closely with the Safe Space Committee to ensure that BIP’s web presence is consistent with the Safe Space Policy
- Participating, when possible, in discussions in BIP’s on-line spaces
To apply for the position, please get in touch with us. We ask that you submit a sample of your writing, as well as a brief summary (not more than about 200 words) of why you feel you could contribute to a high standard of editing for the blog. Please also specify what your expectations are in terms of compensation (we will discuss this further if you are being considered for the position). The successful candidate is also welcome to request non-monetary compensation, such as a letter of reference for successful execution of their position, or assistance with a project they’re working on. Whether or not these requests are fulfilled will be at the discretion of BIP’s admin.
Preference will be given to candidates with socially- or economically-marginalized identities.