Deadline for applications is July 13, 2014.
With a project like BIP, having diverse writers becomes tremendously important. We want to see people contributing from a wide range of identities. We want to hear from trans* and cisgender people, abled and disabled people, senior citizens and young people, and people from a variety of ethnic and spiritual backgrounds. BIP is about celebrating all bodies. We could fail to do so just because we’re only talking about a few types of bodies, and BIP doesn’t want to risk that. The successful candidate will work under the following conditions:
- Submit blog articles for publication on the BIP blog once per month on average, and possibly more often (to be negotiated)
- The opportunity to submit articles at one’s own pace (for instance, over the course of 3 months, the writer may submit all three articles in the first month and take a break for 2 months), to a maximum of 12 articles per year (or as negotiated)
- Be a positive representative of BIP in its safe spaces (on- or off-line) and participate when possible in discussion and/or comment moderation on the BIP blog
- (Where applicable) consent to minor and/or collaborative editing of your articles so that they are easily-readable by a wide audience; we have volunteer editors at our disposal and are happy to help with the technical side of the writing process, if necessary
- Receive payment (to be negotiated/discussed) upon receipt of the completed and admin-approved article, with the opportunity of fee re-negotiation after 3 months of employment
To apply for the position, please get in touch with us. We ask that you submit a sample of your writing, as well as a brief summary (not more than about 200 words) of why you feel you could add an interesting perspective to the blog. Please also specify what your expectations are in terms of compensation (we will discuss this further if you are being considered for the position). Preference will be given to candidates from socially- or economically-marginalized communities.