Deadline for applications is July 14, 2014.
Part of maintaining BIP’s safe spaces is moderating content and keeping an eye out for language and behaviour that might make users uncomfortable. This position would occur on-line and is available to anyone who has an internet connection and shares BIP’s values.
The successful candidate will work under the following conditions:
- Being able to commit to an average of 15 minutes per day (or more, if able and willing) of moderation of the BIP Facebook page, Twitter account and blog comments, for a total of approximately 2 hours per week
- This position does not have any geographical constraints and the moderator may work from anywhere in the world, as long as they have a reliable internet connection and access to the web platforms that BIP uses (Facebook, Twitter, tumblr, etc.)
- Executing the policies that BIP has set forth to protect safe spaces, with the help of moderator guides and resources provided by the safe space committee
- Being willing to address concerns of people participating in the discussions you are moderating, as well as removing content that violates BIP’s posting policy
- Reporting abusive users to the safe space committee members (or a representative thereof)
- Providing feedback to the safe space committee after relevant moderation activities so that the safe space committee can ensure the policies are effective and modify them as needed
- Participating, when possible, in discussions in BIP’s on-line spaces
While this is a volunteer position, the successful candidate is welcome to request non-monetary compensation, such as a letter of reference for successful execution of their position, or assistance with a project they’re working on. Whether or not these requests are fulfilled will be at the discretion of BIP’s admin.
To apply for the position, please get in touch with us. We ask that you submit a brief summary (not more than about 200 words) of any past experience or skills you have that may make you a good candidate for this position.